I’ve made a start looking at the lectures and materials for the Creative Coding Course.
The first concept I have learnt about today is Generative Art. “Generative art refers to art that in whole or in part has been created with the use of an autonomous system.” (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generative_art).
This is a list of artists to have a further look at mentioned in the lecture about Generative Art.
- Mitchell Whitelaw, Mitchell Whitelaw’s Teemingvoid Blog
- John Warwicker
- David Cope
- Joachim Sauter
- Sol LeWitt
- Casey Reas: Process 6
I think I will need to come back and have a closer look at some of those.
Some more to look at from lecture 1.6:
- Sol LeWitt MOMA Installation
- Cornelius Cardew, Bird on a Wire perform The Great Learning, paragraph 7
- Frieder Nake on generative art
- Casey Reas, Casey Reas Interview, Video of Process 13 (Software 2)
- Jon McCormack, Morphogenesis Series